Moss Is A Threat For Your Roof
The roof of your house is too green? If mossy leaves cover the roof of your house, it’s time to clean up. Moss grows in areas that are not touched by the sun, so it can develop quickly on the roof with shady trees. Moss can spread quickly to coat the surface of the roof, fill the void between shingles and tiles and reach down and lift the roof material. This gap allows rainwater and other moisture to seep into the roof structure causing damage. Before you clean the moss from the roof, you must consider how you want to kill the plant and then remove the layer of dead moss. Then, you have to take some defensive measures to prevent the moss from getting on the roof later. Meanwhile, if you want to hire experts to clean your roof effectively, we suggest you hire the best service of power washing in Sugar Land.
Experts recommend that you remove roofing moss on cloudy days because the roof cleaning product, which must be allowed to absorb into the moss for at least 20 minutes, will not evaporate as fast as it would on a sunny day. Moss can be removed physically (with water and brush), chemically, or both.
Use the least toxic moss killer; Chemical solutions can affect the environment, as well as damage the hanging plants that grow under the roof. If you decide to use a bleach solution or other ready-made roof moss treatment, protect the closest plants with plastic sheeting.
Some ready-made cleaners can be mixed and applied according to the manufacturer’s instructions and left to kill the moss without the necessary rinsing.
Be sure to follow mixing and application recommendations to ensure your safety and protect tile and plants from damage.
You can also make your own roof moss repellent – which is generally less toxic than its chemical counterparts. Chlorine bleach removes mold and mildew but can damage plants, so dilute it before spraying it on the roof of the house. Good formula, mix 1 liter of bleach with 1 gallon of water and 1/4 cup of heavy cleansers such as trisodium phosphate (do not use ammonia-based cleaners because they create toxic fumes when mixed with bleach).